I got lots of sympathy emails and Facebook notes from friends in the midwest: "Snow already?! This is one time I am NOT jealous of you." "Does it make you kind of sick to think that your winter is already started?" "It's too early for snow!" "That snow looks like fun...but only for a few minutes."
I had to chuckle at all those comments because I knew things would change quickly. Today, the sun is shining brightly and the snow is quickly melting away. The temperatures are in the mid 40s. That might sound a bit cool to folks back in Michigan, but the intense Colorado sun and higher elevation makes it seem warmer. It's so pleasant out today that Elisabeth even walked home from the bus stop without a coat on.
Here's a picture I just took...notice how dry the sidewalk is? (Why did I bother to shovel it yesterday?!) See the shadows? That's proof that the sun is out! Notice how there's no snow on the tree leaves? Yesterday they were weighed down with snow. Notice how Elisabeth is wearing no coat, no hat, no mittens? That's really not too impressive considering there are neighbor kids playing in the park across the street right now...with short sleeves and no coats!
No comments:
Post a Comment