Elisabeth's Notes
Elisabeth has been doing a lot of reading and writing lately, and loves to write letters. Sometimes she'll sound words out on her own, and other times she'll ask us how to spell certain words. In the last few days, Fred and I have been the recipients of some great notes she wrote.
I received the following note from her on Sunday morning:
It probably warrants an explanation. Last Saturday, we attended our neighborhood's Oktoberfest party. There was lots of food, beer (one of our neighbors is a dedicated home brewer and even grows his own hops -- he provided 4 kegs of his beer for the party), music, a bounce house for kids, and lots of games. We even had very warm summer-like weather to make it a perfect day! For some reason (ahem), I had a little headache when I woke up the next day, so I appreciated Elisabeth's get-well wishes.
On Sunday, Fred decided to paint Allison's room. Elisabeth's room was painted a while ago and has been "finished" for some time, but we just haven't had time to get around to working on Allison's room. Allison has only reminded us about 50 times that "Daddy didn't paint my room purple" so we decided it was time to finish the task so she can't lay the guilt on us any longer. Fred put some music on and got to work painting, while Elisabeth got to work writing this note to him:
Today is another cold and SNOWY day! Grandma M., Aunt Sheri, Chloe and Anneka are flying in tomorrow to visit for a long weekend. It looks like they are going to miss the latest winter blast, as tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 50 degrees. We've got some fun things planned for their visit, so check back later to see what we were up to!
No comments:
Post a Comment