Sunday, October 25, 2009

Visitors

FLEA had some special visitors from Michigan this past weekend. Grandma M., Aunt Sheri, Chloe and Anneka flew in on Thursday morning for a long 4-day weekend.

On Thursday, Fred took his family and Allison to Rocky Mountain National P
ark. (I didn't go because I had to pick up a friend at the airport, and then I had to chauffeur Elisabeth to Daisy Scouts after school.) They saw lots of deer and elk, and then stopped for lunch in Estes Park. More pictures from Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park can be seen here.

On Friday, we took our cousins down to Golden, and then later to the indoor water park where we spent a few hours splashing around. Satu
rday was our neighborhood's annual kids' Halloween costume parade and party. We got the princesses all dressed up in their gowns and then it was time for a photo shoot. Allison refused to pose for the group picture, so here's Cinderella, Belle, and Ariel I:
I managed to snap a picture of Ariel II running through the park before the parade started. (As soon as she noticed I was taking her picture, she turned and ran the opposite direction!)
More pictures from the costume parade can be seen here.

On Sunday morning, we got all bundled up (it was cold and snowy!) and visited the Denver Zoo. Highlights included hearing the lions roar, having a kangaroo hop right over to us and stand up on his hind feet, seeing the elephants up-close, and getting face-to-face with a huge ape. Anneka and Allison both refused to have their picture taken at the zoo, so here's Chloe and Elisabeth having fun together....
...and one elephant giving another a kiss: Thank you for coming to visit us! We had lots of fun and hope you did too!

No comments: