Fred and I kicked the season off by attending my 15-year high school reunion. We met some friends for dinner at a hibachi restaurant, went to another friend's house for pre-reunion drinks, and then had a good time catching up with several former classmates. Here we are, ready to paint the town red:

For a while now, I've been trying to figure out how to explain what Christmas is really about to Elisabeth. When Santa stuff is in the stores in September, it's easy for the "real" meaning of Christmas to get lost for those who celebrate it. I discovered that some friends had the same challenge, so my solution was to host an Advent party! This past weekend, we had 3 families over for an Advent party. I designed an interactive "Journey to Bethlehem" game for the kids. It was a big hit (if I can say so myself!) Elisabeth said her favorite part was playing Pin the Tail on the Donkey (we played this after hearing the story about Joseph and Mary riding a donkey to Bethlehem). Good fun all around!
Right now, I'm on a mission to get a few good pictures of the girls so I can have photo Christmas cards created. My first attempt at photographing the girls together was a flop:
So then I thought I'd try to photograph the girls individually, and find a card where you can include 2 separate pictures. Let's just say that didn't work so well, either. Allison will NOT sit still these days; it is next to impossible to get any good pictures of her because there is just too much for her to explore! I gave her a candy cane to hold, hoping it would capture her interest long enough for me to get one good picture. She had other plans:
No comments:
Post a Comment