I probably don't need to mention that it was another busy weekend for FLEA!
On Friday, our daycare sponsored their annual Parents' Night Out -- a night of free babysitting so parents could have a night out without the kids. Nothing was going to stop us from taking advantage of free babysitting! So Fred and I dropped the girls off, grabbed some dinner, and went shopping. It was nice to have a kid-free evening.
On Saturday we celebrated Elisabeth's 4th birthday with a party at our house! THANKS to everyone to came down to Kalamazoo to celebrate Elisabeth's special day with her. Aunt Nadine and Uncle Lee drove all the way from Lakeville, and of course all the grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles, and Elisabeth's godparents were there, too. Thanks, everyone!
Today was Elisabeth's turn to bring a special guest and treat to Sunday school. I spent the class period with her, then we headed for Grand Rapids. Grandma H treated me, Jana, and granddaughters #1 through 5 to the Nutcracker matinee! (Allison, #6, got to stay home and spend a whole day with Daddy!)
Thanks again, Mom, for a very fun afternoon! Aside from a few "scary" parts in the first act, Elisabeth really enjoyed the show and seeing all the dancers. However, she keeps insisting that they had the story wrong because the Mouse King in the ballet production didn't have 7 heads and 7 crowns like the Mouse King in our Nutcracker book!
Elisabeth had a lot of fun going backstage after the show to meet some of the characters:
Once we got home, I had to make cupcakes for Elisabeth to take to school tomorrow. Whew, no wonder I'm tired!
No comments:
Post a Comment