Friday, June 5, 2009

Updates

Just wanted to share a few updates and a couple of pictures. Here's a view of the mountains from our apartment (the pictures do not do them justice -- they are far more beautiful than this picture conveys):
The girls have been having fun playing on the playset in our complex, and Elisabeth even went swimming in the pool yesterday! We have also been having fun hunting for rabbits -- there are rabbits everywhere here, it seems. In fact, if you look closely at the picture above, you can see a rabbit on the grass in the lower left corner.
We've been busy looking for a new house. On Tuesday, we toured 15 houses, and then we went through another one on Wednesday. We're going through 12 houses on Sunday; 8 are return visits, while 4 are new houses we haven't seen yet. We're hoping to get the home situation figured out soon!

I'll end this post with a few more segments from the Seen, Heard, Noted and Quoted category:

When we were flying from Grand Rapids to Detroit, Allison fell asleep for about 15 minutes. She woke up just as the plane landing. She looked out the window, saw that we were approaching the airport, and yelled, "We're back!" So funny that her little 2-year old mind thought we just went for a ride in the airplane and then came back to the same airport! She said the same thing when we approached the Denver airport -- when she saw that we were landing, she said "Airport?" I said yes, that's the airport. She started singing, "We're back! We're back!"

We don't have a DVD player in our cars, and I don't want one. (I'm not knocking anyone that has one -- I'm just hoping to avoid those kind of things for as long as I can!) When we go for long car rides, the girls are accustomed to entertaining themselves with books, simple toys, and music. Whenever we get in the car to go somewhere, the first thing I usually hear from the backseat is "Music! Music!" When we got on the airplane to fly to Denver, Allison was yelling "Music!" Try explaining to a 2-year old that airplanes don't have CD players and I couldn't turn some music on!

Yesterday, I took Allison to her ENT appointment in Boulder. It was a pretty cloudy day, so we couldn't see the mountains. Well, Allison DID see a mountain! She noticed a small hill of grass near one of the highway exit ramps and pointed at it while yelling, "I see mountain! BIG mountain!"

No comments: