Snaggletooth No More!
If you've been reading FLEA Bites for a while, you may recall that we've been affectionately calling Allison Snaggletooth for some time now because she is missing two of her top front teeth - they just never came in. A few weeks ago, I was fishing a foreign object out of her mouth and thought I felt two little bumps where the missing teeth should be. Today we took her to the dentist for an evaluation to make sure nothing is wrong, and he confirmed that those two little bumps I felt are her missing teeth! Her teeth are there and they are coming in -- slowly but surely. Hooray!In other news, Elisabeth wrapped up her swimming lessons last week and did an excellent job. She has so much more confidence in the water and can even jump in the pool and briefly go underwater. We plan to sign her up for more swimming lessons soon so she can continue her great progress.
Last Saturday, we spent a fun day in Holland with my dad's side of the family. The guest of honor was my cousin Brian, who is currently serving his 2nd tour in Iraq and is back in the states for a brief vacation. I always seem to have my camera with me, and that was the one day I forgot it at home. Go figure. So, unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to share of our family hero, or the HUGE American flag my parents had hanging in front of their condo. I also don't have any pictures of Elisabeth's first ride on Grandpa's new tube (see my brother's blog for a glimpse of the tube to get an idea of what I'm talking about -- doesn't it look fun?) but can assure you that she absolutely loved it.
Fred's mom and my niece Emma have both been visiting us since Saturday, so we've had a full house. We all went to an open house at the local fire station, and the girls had fun checking out the fire trucks and playing with the fire hoses.


Tonight was Elisabeth's final soccer lesson, and she had her own special fan club to cheer her on. Daddy even got to go out on the field and participate in a kids vs. parents scrimmage. There's nothing like a bunch of adults in work attire trying to compete against a bunch of energetic 3 and 4 year old athletes. Here's Fred trying to fend off a group of opponents....
...and here's Elisabeth with her coaches and teammates:
Elisabeth and her cousin Chloe are spending the rest of the week up in Gaylord at Grandma M.'s cottage. It’ll be quiet around here without Elisabeth, but we know she’ll have lots of fun and enjoy her special time with Grandma M. And of course, we'll enjoy our special 1:1 time with Snaggletooth!
No comments:
Post a Comment