Monday, July 14, 2008

Summer Fun

I've been out of work for 2 weeks now and you'd think I'd have more time to blog now that I'm not working, but the opposite seems to be true. Being a stay-home mom to 2 active girls is a very physical job!
We spent 2 nights of the recent holiday weekend at Grandma M's cottage in Gaylord. We had fun going for boat rides, playing in the sand, making S'mores over the campfire, and visiting the elk.
There's a Home Depot in Gaylord, so Elisabeth didn't have to miss the monthly Kids' Workshop. She did a great job building a bird house.
On the home front, we've been having lots of fun and keeping busy! We spent one day at the pool with my friend and her kids, and another day in Holland at Grandma and Grandpa's lake. And of course, we're enjoying the usual stuff like having picnics, going for bike rides and running through the sprinklers. I'm thankful to have this time with my beautiful girls.

1 comment:

Lions Den said...

Looks like you have been having lots of fun this summer! We can't wait to see you next month.