Saturday, June 16, 2012

Ladybugs


I'm happy to say we made it to Allison's t-ball game today!  Her game was at 9:00 a.m. and at 8:30 a.m. she started with the "I'm NOT going!" statements.  I've noticed lately that when she doesn't want to do something, she'll claim she has a sore throat.  Sure enough, this morning she insisted, "I'm NOT going!  I don't want to go!  I have a sore throat!"  I told her if she is sick, then she'll have to go up to her room and spend the day up there, away from the rest of us so we don't catch her germs.  We eventually got her in the car...and then our little Ladybug had a blast playing ball!  

Out here, t-ball starts with each team doing a little practice, then the teams take the field.  Everyone on each team gets one chance to bat, then the other team bats.  We did that rotation twice, so Allison got to bat twice -- and she had 2 awesome hits!  She's showing as much promise as her older sister.
Whenever the other team got a hit, the entire Ladybug team would go for the ball, no matter which position they were supposed to be playing!  Here's 7 Ladybugs going for the ball!

Allison at bat -- see the ball heading toward outer space?
Thrilled to make it to 3rd base!

Awesome job, Ladybugs!
Thumbs up for t-ball!

No comments: