Monday, September 28, 2009

Milestone

FLEA is celebrating a big milestone...Allison has graduated to big girl underpants and is potty-trained!A few weeks ago, I was telling some of my neighbors how stubborn Allison has been with potty-training. She had been doing so well at the beginning of the summer, but then she took a few (no, several) steps backwards. I'm sure all the change we experienced this past summer didn't help. I mentioned that I know she is ready and that she knows when she has to go....she just won't sit on the toilet.

Two of my neighbors asked me if we have tried this book:
They both claimed that this book worked for their daughters. One of my neighbors let me borrow the book and accompanying DVD and told me to give it a try. I'll admit it -- I was skeptical. We've checked out potty training books from the library before and they never made a difference, nor was Allison ever interested in reading them.

We watched the movie once, and then Allison asked to wear big girl underpants. I told her that if she wears big girl underpants, she has to use the toilet like big girls. Sh
e said OK, and that was it. That was the last day she wore a Pull-Up!

I'm happy to report that in over 1.5 weeks of wearing big girl underpants, she's only had one potty accident (and it almost wasn't an accident -- she made it to the bathroom but just couldn't get her pants off in time). She stays dry all night, and even goes #2 in the toilet! We are very proud of Allison, and she is so proud of herself, too.
I don't know if we can attribute Allison's success to the Once Upon a Potty book and movie, but things sure did change once she watched that movie!

1 comment:

Lions Den said...

Congrats, that is wonderful news. Give Allison a big hug for me. I am so going out and getting that video.