Sunday, July 19, 2009

Summer Fun

We started our week off with a visit to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. It was a "free day" for Colorado residents, so we got there bright and early and were among the first ones in the door when they opened. It's a great museum, and we learned about mummies, minerals, space, animals, and dinosaurs! Elisabeth started swimming lessons this week. She's been making great progress and can now swim underwater for very short distances! That's huge, considering that at the beginning of June when Grandma M. was here, she wouldn't even try to swim without her water wings. Lessons continue for 4 more weeks; we're excited to see what else Elisabeth will learn.

We went back to the library and PBK story time this week, and we also went bowling! One of my friends
told me about a promotion that allows kids to bowl two free games every day, all summer long (thanks Sarah!). I'm all about the free stuff, so we hit the bowling alley and had a great time. We only played one game; Elisabeth ended with a high score of 69, while Allison came in at 48. That's better than what I can bowl!I took the girls in to get their picture taken, and we got some cute shots. Here's a sneak peek:Us girls weren't the only ones who had fun this week! Fred went white-water rafting with his work team on the Arkansas River. There's Fred on the far right: FLEA is hanging low today, and gearing up for another fun week ahead of us with lots of fun stuff planned!

1 comment:

Lions Den said...

I have never cleared 50 in bowling so you may want to get Elisabeth and agent. Sounds like you guys are having a ton of fun in CO. I can't wait to see the new pics they look adorable.