Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Elisabeth's Sign

The other day, Elisabeth informed me that she "didn't want to be seen anymore" and that she wanted to be invisible. I told her that she could certainly pretend to be invisible, but that wasn't good enough for her. She warned me that she was going to make and post a sign on her bedroom door anytime she didn't want to be seen. I asked her what the sign would say, and she explained that it would simply say "NO." And if we see a "NO" sign posted on her door, then she would like us to leave her alone.

The day has come....
Here is what Elisabeth had to say about her new sign:

This is my sign. I need a little break from Mommy and Allison. That sign is to let you know that I do NOT want to be seen and I do NOT want anybody to come into my room and I DON'T want anybody opening the door or bothering me. Now I'm going to sing a song about my sign.

This is my sign.
This is my sign.
I don't want to be seen by anymore people.
This is my sign.
This is my sign.
This is my sign.
This is my siiiiiiiign.

This is my sign. Ooooooh, ooooooh.
This is my sign. Ooooooh, ooooooh.
This is my sign. Ooooooh, ooooooh.

2 comments:

Lions Den said...

Tell Elisabeth I need to borrow that sign because there are days that I wish I was invisible!

Krista said...

Maybe Elisabeth is on to something here... she could make a lot of money selling "leave me alone" signs to frazzled moms. I'd buy one!

Love the song to go along with it. She is too cute!

I'm looking forward to seeing pics from today's tailgate! I'm glad Steve was able to see you guys, wish I could have been there!