Mine!
It happened...we've reached the inevitable "Mine!" phase. Allison has decided that it's time to speak up and fight for what she wants. Twice this weekend, Elisabeth had something that Allison wanted, and Allison grabbed it away and yelled, "MINE!" One of those incidents actually turned into a hair-pulling episode, with Allison pulling Elisabeth's hair until she got what she wanted (no, that sweet little toddler is not as innocent as she looks!). Guess it's time for us to repeat the Toddler Creed since it looks like this will be our way of life for a while:Anything that is mine is mine. Anything that is yours is mine. Anything I gave you is mine, and anything I could possibly want is mine.This past weekend was the first Saturday of the month, which meant Home Depot Kids' Workshop. Fred and Elisabeth had fun making a really cool wooden catamaran!
After the Home Depot workshop, we went to Port Huron for a graduation party, and then spent the night at Grandma M's house in Romeo. Grandma M. gave Allison a fun new toy, the Playskool Bounce-n-Go Inch Along Worm. This toy actually has sentimental value to me because I had a very similar (if not identical) ride-on worm when I was younger. Even now, 30+ years later, I still remember that it was one of my favorite toys! One day when I was 3, I was bouncing along on my worm down the street, hit a bump in the sidewalk, fell, and split my chin open. Somehow, my beloved worm was damaged in that accident, and had to go to ride-on worm heaven. I was so upset that my parents took me to the store that night to buy me a new worm. As luck would have it, the store didn't have anymore worms so I had to settle for a different type of ride-on toy (a horse, I think?) So...that explains why I am so excited that one of my daughters has her very own worm. Too bad it has a 50-pound weight limit.
1 comment:
Pulling hair....not my little Allison? I love the inch worm and the boat Elisabeth made is great. Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment