Saturday, May 21, 2011

Field Trip

The 1st graders went on a field trip to the Denver Botanic Gardens last week. I am allowed up to 6 hours a month to volunteer in a K-12 school, so I took full advantage of my benefits and signed up to chaperone...and got paid for it! We've been getting a lot of rain here lately, and things weren't looking so swell to spend a day outside in the gardens. Rain ponchos, rain boots, and umbrellas kept us dry and we still had a great time!
(That's Elisabeth at the gardens pounding a yucca plant with a stone to make a paintbrush.) One of the highlights of the day is their homebound classmate Max surprised them by showing up at the gardens. The kids didn't know he was coming and they were all yelling "Max is here!!" as they stepped off the buses...it was very sweet.Elisabeth has four days of school left!! Today she is participating in a Fun Run/Walk to raise money for her school. With all the budget cuts, the PTA has really stepped up and is looking for creative ways to raise money for the school....without burdening people with the typical fundraisers that we all despise. Our neighbor who organizes the Bradburn Kids Triathlon is organizing the Fun Run/Walk, so I'm sure it will be a great event!

I need to get some new pictures of Allison! She is getting ready to move up to Private Pre-K at Primrose, so her preschool days are quickly coming to an end. She starts in her new classroom on May 31, so she'll spend the summer with some of her new classmates, as well as some of her old buddies that are moving up with her. This change also means that starting in August, she'll be wearing a uniform every day. I can't wait to see her rocking the Hamilton plaid!

No comments: