Summer Wrap-Up
School may have started a few weeks ago, but it's still summer as far as we're concerned! The pool closes in a few weeks, so we've been taking advantage of beautiful evenings for some sunset swimming. We usually have the pool all to ourselves in the evenings.





This morning we joined our neighborhood for Pancakes in the Park. One neighbor cooked pancakes for everyone, and the rest of the neighborhood contributed various items like bacon, sausage, fruit, OJ, banana bread, etc. The girls loved eating breakfast in the park with their friends, and I loved whoever decided to bring champagne so the adults could have mimosas! :-) Here are the sticky girls being silly:
(Note to grandparents: you won't believe this, but Allison's beloved purple shorts have actually been replaced after an entire summer of near-daily wear! The daily go-to outfit of late is a pair of green leggings --pictured above. She has worn the green leggings every day for the last 2 weeks and counting.)
The other day Elisabeth gave us a little scare. I had tucked her into bed, and then later was putting laundry away. I tiptoed into her room to put some clothes away, and saw that she wasn't in her bed. I checked Allison's room, our room, and the guest room...no Elisabeth. I looked in the bathroom, in her closet, under her bed...no Elisabeth. I finally found her in her toy box fast asleep!
Today we saw huge plumes of smoke in the sky above our house and could smell something burning. It was very windy today (45-50 mph winds); turns out that the wind and heat combined to fuel a huge 3,000+ acre wildfire in the Boulder foothills about 10 miles away. At last report, over 300 homes have been evacuated, some homes have been destroyed, and it's expected to take several days to get the blaze under control. Here's the view a few miles west of our house near Fred's office:
Hopefully they'll get the blaze under control soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment