Spartans Win!
Wow - what a fabulous win by the Spartans! Believe it or not, I didn't take any pictures at our Spartan Sagas party! It wasn't until after the Spartans won that I thought to get my camera out. So here's a few shots of the set-up before everyone came over.
For the first time since moving to Colorado, we hung our Spartan flag on our porch. I'm not sure why we waited so long to hang it! We might have a blue house, but we're green at heart!
Elisabeth made some fabulous Spartan decorations for us. This greeted our guests in the foyer as they arrived...
...while this banner graced our mantel:
Allison refused to wear her MSU cheerleader dress or her MSU football t-shirt. When I asked her to go get ready for the Sparty party, this is what she put on:
To accommodate the crowd, we wanted an extra big-screen TV instead of trying to squeeze everyone in the family room. I think Fred would have gladly run to the store to buy a new TV if I had let him....but I'm not that kind of wife. Instead, he got creative and made his own big-screen TV using a projector and screen from work. He must have some Dutch blood in him. He hooked the projector up to the computer and streamed the game live from the internet in the office:
Seven of our guests left before the game was over because it was getting late and the little ones had to get to bed, so when the Spartans pulled off the big win we only had a handful of guests left. Here is everyone watching the replay. If you look closely, you'll notice that Elisabeth is covering her ears -- there was lots of celebratory yelling and shouting after that final touchdown!
Here's Elisabeth after the big win. Our neighbor Greg jumped in at the last minute. Greg is Elisabeth's good buddy Greta's dad...and he also happens to be from Grand Rapids and he is a graduate of the MSU School of Packaging.
Our guests got to go home with MSU foam fingers, beads, mini footballs, pom poms, tattoos, balloons and drink koozies...all compliments of MSU and House Party. It was a fun party and a great win by the Spartans. GO GREEN!
No comments:
Post a Comment