Friday, September 17, 2010

Fall Frenzy

FLEA is proud to report that our fabulous 1st grader was selected to be her classroom's Student Council representative! She had to dress up for school today and wear an important Student Council name tag. She is pretty excited about her new responsibilities.She is still loving school -- although she doesn't always love the nightly homework! She has math and reading homework every night, and some of it is actually hard! She had her first spelling test today. Even Fred remarked, "When I was in first grade, I don't think we had spelling tests!" The times, they are a changin'!

Religious Ed started last week. I had initially signed Elisabeth up for the Wednesday evening class, but then I found out that my neighbor Jena signed her daughter (and Elisabeth's good friend) Greta up for the Tuesday night class. I promptly asked the church to please switch Elisabeth to the Tuesday night class so we could carpool with Greta. Smart move -- last week Jena was traveling for work and didn't have a way to get Greta to the first class. I was able to step in and put my mini-van to use by handling carpool duty! Us working moms need to stick together!

Daisy Scouts started a few weeks back and, a
mazingly, Elisabeth has made it to all the meetings so far. I say "amazingly" because the meeting schedule does not exactly accommodate the unique needs of working parents. But so far we've managed to make it work! Her troop went to a print screen shop and made their own t-shirts, and they have a trip to the apple orchard coming up next week!

Allison is still her stubborn self, and that's exactly why we love her! Last weekend, we went downtown to Blake Street Tavern to watch the MSU game with other Colorado Spartans. Allison insisted on wearing Elisabeth's old Easter shoes to the tavern. They were 3 sizes too big, but that didn't stop her. Later that day, we found her passed out on the couch wearing
her sunglasses, a Rock Star t-shirt...and Elisabeth's Easter shoes!"They" say that Denver gets an average of 300 days of sunshine a year. It IS constantly sunny here -- even when it rains. I've never seen as many rainbows as I have out here. Here's a double rainbow we saw last week over the house behind us. It was cloudy/stormy behind our house, and sunny out front!
Tomorrow is the MSU vs. Notre Dame football game -- and that means it's time for our Spartan Sagas tailgate! We're expecting 14 Spartans to join us for the big game (all friends from the neighborhood and/or Fred's coworkers). We'll post pictures and updates later!

No comments: