Thursday, November 19, 2009

Daisy Investiture (and Flashback to the 80's)

At the beginning of the school year, Elisabeth joined a Daisy Scout troop. It has been a nice way for her to get to know other girls, especially since she is the only Daisy that is in all-day kindergarten.

Tonight was her Investiture ceremony. I had flashbacks to my own Brownie Investiture ceremony back in 1981 or 1982!
I especially remember my own Brownie troop joining hands in a circle like this:
(By the way, the picture above will give you an idea of how tall Elisabeth is! She's the one in the denim skirt and white tights.)

Here's our Daisy with her certificate.

She earned several new badges and pins tonight that we will add to her Daisy smock. I seem to recall my mom hand-sewing all of my badges on my Brownie and Girl Scout uniforms back in the day. (I still have my Girl Scout sash with all the badges!) Fortunately for me, patches are the iron-on variety nowadays!

The Brownie troop was on hand to lead the ceremony and welcome the Daisies to Girl Scouting. Here's Elisabeth's troop with the Brownies.
After the ceremony, we celebrated with root beer floats! Here's Elisabeth enjoying her treat with her friend Maddie. Maddie is also one of our neighbors; she lives 3 doors down.
I'm glad she's having a good experience with Daisy Scouts so far!

No comments: