Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Candy and Laxatives

No, this is not a story about gastrointestinal discomfort caused by candy. It's a story about what my kids are thankful for this year. Really!

If you ask Allison what she's thankful for, she says "candy." If you ask her
what she wants Santa Claus to bring her for Christmas, she says "candy." Give the kid some candy, and nobody gets hurt.

As for Elisabeth...it's probably not entirely accurate to say that Elisabeth is thankful for laxatives, when she's really thankful for medicine.

Last week at school, she cut out pictures of things that she is thankful for from a magazine. She glued the pictures onto a poster board, and then sounded out the words so she could write them. Here's her poster:
She wrote that she is thankful for:
- gluv (gloves)
- fod (food)
- kosa (clothes)
- paos (pillows)
- matas (medicine)

I thought it was very clever and thoughtful. I mean, those are certainly some wonderful things to be thankful for, right? Then I noticed the picture of the "medicine" that she glued onto her poster. Here's a close-up:
So, there you have it....my kid is thankful for a natural vegetable laxative that gently relieves constipation! I think this poster is a keeper...

2 comments:

The Postman said...

LOL

Krista said...

Hilarious!!! Wishing FLEA a very Happy Thanksgiving!