Monday, August 24, 2009

Blue House and Bus

It's official: we have a new home in Colorado! Last Thursday, we closed on this blue beauty: We have spent a LOT of time cleaning this place out, painting the girls' rooms, and just getting ready to move in. We've also met a few neighbors; everyone has been very friendly and very welcoming, and this neighborhood is just crawling with young kids. I think we'll be very happy here!

The moving truck will be pulling up later this week; we will finally be reunited with all our stuff and we will be able to get settled soon! We have plenty of room for visitors, so start planning your visit!


So far, Elisabeth LOVES kindergarten, loves her teacher, and has made lots of new friends. It is really fun to see her so happy and excited about school. Since she is in full-day kindergarten, she gets to bring a lunch. I've been sending money to school with her so she can buy some milk to drink with her lunch. I was quite amused when I picked her up after the first day and she gleefully reported that she had used the money to buy chocolate milk. Hmm, I don't remember having a choice between white and chocolate milk when I was in school! She treated herself to chocolate milk on Days 2 and 3, as well! We had to have a little talk with her and remind her that chocolate milk is OK as a special treat every now and then, but not every day!

Today was Elisabeth's first day riding the bus to school!
The bus stop is a few short blocks from our new house, in a central neighborhood park. There were kids and parents everywhere at the park waiting for the bus (there are at least 30-35 kids from our neighborhood that ride the bus!), so we got to meet more new neighbors. We also found a new little friend (another kindergarten girl) that Elisabeth could sit with on the bus. Elisabeth was a wee bit nervous about riding the bus at first, but she was noticeably more relaxed once we found a bus buddy for her! I can't wait to meet her at the bus stop today and hear how her day went (and find out if she treated herself to chocolate milk again)!

3 comments:

Lions Den said...

I love it, we can't wait to come for a visit. You should charge admission though...one case of Oberon per nights stay.

w.b. hoffmann said...

what a beautiful new home!!! and SO glad elisabeth is loving kindergarten... complete with chocolate milk:) (atta girl!!) i remember when i was in school, chocolate milk always cost more than the regular milk and my mom was very careful to only send a certain amount of money... thereby forcing me to drink only the white stuff;0

i've got CO on my farewatcher list:)

The Postman said...

The new crib looks great. Post some additional pics when you get a chance.