Mother's Day
I had a wonderful Mother's Day! I started my morning off with a Starbucks latte that Fred fetched for me. It has become an annual tradition for him to run out and get me a latte on Mother's Day morning. I requested a grande skinny caramel macchiato with whip, extra hot. A few years ago, I discovered that you can order any Starbucks drink "extra hot." Works perfect for me, because it means that by the time Fred gets back to our house with my drink, it is still quite hot.We spent most of the day in Holland with my family, including our annual Mother's Day brunch at The Piper. For the first time, my mom and I were able to enjoy a glass (or two) of wine with our meal, thanks to the support of voters who lifted the ban that prohibited restaurants from serving beer or wine on Sundays. Somehow I didn't end up with any Mother's Day pictures of me with my daughters (note to Fred: please add this to your "honey do" list for next year, just below the Starbucks latte item) but I did get a nice picture with my mom...
...and we got a picture of my mom with all 6 of her granddaughters.
I'm so fortunate to have such a wonderful family! I will miss you all terribly when we move!
2 comments:
Looks like you had a nice Mother's Day! Sorry you missed out on a picture with your girls - need me to Photoshop one for you? :)
I'm sure the reality of moving is starting to sink in. It is amazing how one experience can be so exciting and painful at the same time. Hmmm, sounds like childbirth!
We are looking forward to visiting you in Colorado someday!
Krista, your mother's day pictures are amazing! Why can't Colorado have cool mountain lakes like that??
And yes, the reality is sinking in. We'd love to have you visit sometime!! But only if we can come visit in AZ! :)
Post a Comment