Greetings from the frozen tundra, where the temperature is a whopping -6 as I write this (and the wind chill is -20). It's been so cold here the last few days that the girls haven't been able to go outside to play in the snow. They're going crazy with cabin fever, and I'm doing my best to keep them entertained. That means we've been reading lots and lots of books and doing lots and lots of artwork!
One of Allison's favorite books lately is Eric Carle's The Grouchy Ladybug. We must read the "ladybug book" (as Allison calls it) several times a day and several times every night. We'll be in big trouble if we ever lose that book. Allison's favorite part of the story is when the friendly lady bug says, "Good morning!" and the grouchy ladybug snaps, "Go away!" She laughs and laughs every time I read that page, and always asks me to re-read it. Our nightly bedtime routine involves about 10 minutes of repeating "Good morning! Go away!"
Yesterday, Elisabeth decided to draw Allison's favorite scene from the book. Check it out! 
We enjoyed having Fred home last weekend. Both girls started screaming excitedly when they saw him walking out of the airport! We're looking forward to having him home again next weekend for Allison's birthday. In the meantime, we're trying to stay warm and we're also gearing up for our first open house this weekend. Wish us luck!!
1 comment:
I love Elisabeth's artwork. She is so talented!
I've been thinking about you a lot lately, let me know if you need any "moving" moral support. I know how tough it is! One of the most difficult times was when Steve left us alone in Michigan to sell the house. I feel your pain! I used to lock the kids outside so they wouldn't mess anything up before a showing. Too bad it is below freezing right now, I guess outside isn't an option for you!
Can't wait to visit you all in Denver!
Post a Comment