Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Beary Fun Day

We had our first open house today, which means that the girls and I had to vacate the house for a few hours. There aren't too many things to do in the middle of winter in Kalamazoo on a Sunday afternoon and, besides, we've been cooped up inside the last several days due to the weather. I thought the girls deserved a special treat, so I took them to Build a Bear Workshop!

Allison chose a white Hello Kitty animal and she did a great job stuffing the heart inside it.
Elisabeth chose a black bear that she has named Claire Bear (after one of her cousins). She made a special wish and then kissed the heart before placing it deep inside her bear.
When we were done, Miss Independent (that would be Allison) insisted on carrying her box through the mall.
Don't they look excited with their new furry friends?
Although, after watching them play for the last 20 minutes or so, I wonder if we would've been better off just picking up some new boxes for them to play with...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Allison, your Hello Kitty is just like Elisabeth's first build a bear! Elisabeth, I like the name of your new black bear.

Love,

Dad

Mrs. Johnson's 4th grade said...

oh my goodness!
what exciting news...it has been forever since i have been blog hopping! we dont have the internet at our new house so i am very out of the loop!
when are you moving?
elisabeth, i told eli "hi" for you!
how exciting to move to a new place!
kalamazoo wont be the same without you! :)