Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tea for Two

When we first moved to Kalamazoo, one of our neighbors invited me to a Big Yellow Box party at her home. It was basically a Tupperware-style party featuring Crayola products and projects designed for parents and children to work on together. I am really not a fan of direct sale parties, because I always feel pressured to buy something (and it's often overpriced and of questionable quality), but I went anyway because I wanted to meet some new neighbors. And of course, that meant I had to buy something! I ended up purchasing a ceramic tea party set that could be painted. Elisabeth was only about 16 months old at the time, so I set the tea party set aside until she was older.

We recently got the tea party set out, and Elisabeth had a lot of fun painting each piece. She even gave each painted piece its own artistic name. For example, a plate that she painted blue with white dots was appropriately named "Snowy Ocean." Didn't she do a great job painting? (In case you notice that one of the little tea cups is missing, there's an explanation. Allison decided to conduct a little physics experiment. We found out what happens when a ceramic tea cup is thrown onto a tile floor.)

Today is a rainy day, which means it's a perfect day for a tea party. Elisabeth graciously invited her little sister to a tea party, and they had fun sipping tea together.

No comments: