Monday, August 4, 2008

Elisabeth's Trip

Elisabeth is home! We missed her around here, but she had a fantastic week with Grandma M., Mr. Karl, and cousin Chloe. She returned home with a Band-Aid on one knee and cuts and scrapes all over both legs, but that’s a sign that she had lots of fun! Here’s a re-cap of her trip in her own words (she specifically asked me to include the story title):

Elisabeth’s Trip Up North
I went up north and I went swimming and I went for a boat ride. We went down to the park and went on the swings. We went swimming in Grandma’s little pool. At the beach, I went on the red swing and the blue slide. I played with Chloe very nicely. Grandma said we shared very nicely. I slept on the trundle bed with Chloe and we took turns. Sometimes I slept on the bottom and she slept on the top. And sometimes she slept on the bottom and I slept on the top. We made flags at Home Depot. Daddy went to Lowe’s and Mr. Karl went shopping at Home Depot so Grandma took me and Chloe to the Kids’ Workshop. It's way, way, way in the back of the store. After a while, Daddy and Mr. Karl came back and helped us build flags. Then we went swimming with our new flags and they got all ruined and the flags came off. And I had fun! Oh! And we went to McDonald’s Restaurant. And Mr. Karl bought us ice cream at the beach ice cream place. Chloe got Superman and I got chocolate with chocolate things in it and then we got some vanilla for Grandma. And we did not get to have a campfire and make S’mores! No S'mores! That's all.

We’re glad that Elisabeth had so much fun (thanks, Grandma M.!) but it’s also wonderful to have her home. She even brought home some new artwork home for us to hang up.
I asked her to describe her latest masterpiece and she said, "It's a blue sky with a rainbow and green grass and a yellow rock and a green tent."

Welcome Home, Elisabeth!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Love Elisabeth's story! Glad to hear that she didn't miss the HD Kid's Workshop.

I saw your traffic feed yesterday and decided to try it out. Not sure if I'll keep it yet. My blog only has 19 readers, so I pretty much know where people are coming from already!

I'm so glad we ran in to you and the girls at Crossroads! Although reading your blog makes it seem like I just saw you all yesterday!

FLEA said...

I know, I don't know if I'm going to keep my traffic feed either. It's fun to try out, but now I'm finding it a bit distracting!

I'm glad we bumped into you too. What perfect timing. I can't believe how fast your girls are growing up. I still remember when you all came to visit us after Elisabeth was born, Audrey was probably about the same age that Allison is now, and I remember you had to use the 1-2-3 magic method with Sophie (I went online and bought that book shortly after you guys left - I was so impressed with how well it worked!) :)