Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers I know -- especially my own!!

I just got back from a conference in New Orleans on Friday night and I'm so glad to be home. I've done a little too much traveling for my liking the past few weeks! (That explains the delay in posting links to our Europe pictures, too...) I'm really looking forward to spending the day with my girls and my mom. We're going to Holland today and will celebrate Mother's Day and my dad's birthday at The Piper with my family. It doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate so we can take the boat to the restaurant, but that's OK. I'm simply thrilled to have someone else cooking for me today!

The day I left for NOLA, Elisabeth came down with the chicken pox! It's always something, huh? Thank goodness for grandmas...Grandma M. stayed home with her all week and took great care of her while I was gone. (THANK YOU again, Grandma M.!!) Elisabeth did get the chicken pox vaccination when she was younger, so she only has the "light" pox and the doctor said it should be cleared up within 3-4 days. Today is Day 6 and she still has some spots, but they're not blistering so she should (hopefully) be able to go back to school tomorrow.

Since she missed school last week, Elisabeth couldn't work on her Mother's Day project for me. But that's OK, because when we were in Europe, Grandpa H. took Elisabeth to the Home Depot Kids' Workshop and helped her make a fantastic flower pencil holder for me! (Thanks to our friends in Arizona for telling us about the Home Depot workshops -- Elisabeth loves them!!)I also got a beautiful card from Allison with an amazing fingerpainting masterpiece inside:

I'm so blessed to have two beautiful, healthy girls, and I'm so fortunate to have a wonderful mother of my own. Happy Mother's Day!!!!

1 comment:

Lions Den said...

Happy Mother's Day Lynn!

Love the art work. Elisabeth is a great little craftsman tell her I have some work at my house to bring her toolbelt.