Greetings to our retired parents in FLORIDA! Mom and Dad H. are spending the month in Naples, while Mom M. is spending several weeks in Coral Springs. FLEA hopes you are ENJOYING your time in the sun!
Elisabeth had her 4-year check-up the other day and it’s official: she is off-the-charts TALL! Since I’m a whopping 5’2” (or 5’3” if you believe my driver’s license), I find it amusing that my daughter is considered tall! Elisabeth has a few friends the same age who are at least 6 inches shorter, and she also has some friends that are 1.5 to 2 years older who are nearly the same height. It’s funny how kids grow at such different paces, yet they are all “normal.” It will be interesting to see if Elisabeth continues to be tall or if she’ll end up being a shorty like me.
Allison finally got a couple of her 1-year shots last week. We have chosen to delay some of her vaccinations; she will be all caught up with her shots by the time she starts school.
Allison has been signing a lot, which is so neat to see. She can sign more, milk, and pick me up. I'm trying to teach her to sign please, but she hasn't quite picked that one up yet. She babbles a lot and one of her favorite things to do is throw or drop something and then exclaim, "Uh-oh!"
We are working on weaning Allison from the bottle. I intentionally waited until we got home from Mexico to do this, as I wanted to be able to give her a bottle on the airplane to help with any ear discomfort. We’re also weaning our binkie addict from the pacifier, and trying to restrict her paci use to naptime and bedtime only. So far, Operation Wean is going very well! (Knock on wood.)
Unfortunately, Allison has her 5th ear infection in a row; we have an appointment to visit the ENT next week. She has such a hard time draining the fluid in her ears. We anticipate that the ENT will recommend tubes for her ears. The poor kid has been waking up 1-3 times each night screaming, so I hope we can get her some relief soon!
Elisabeth had her 4-year check-up the other day and it’s official: she is off-the-charts TALL! Since I’m a whopping 5’2” (or 5’3” if you believe my driver’s license), I find it amusing that my daughter is considered tall! Elisabeth has a few friends the same age who are at least 6 inches shorter, and she also has some friends that are 1.5 to 2 years older who are nearly the same height. It’s funny how kids grow at such different paces, yet they are all “normal.” It will be interesting to see if Elisabeth continues to be tall or if she’ll end up being a shorty like me.
Allison finally got a couple of her 1-year shots last week. We have chosen to delay some of her vaccinations; she will be all caught up with her shots by the time she starts school.
Allison has been signing a lot, which is so neat to see. She can sign more, milk, and pick me up. I'm trying to teach her to sign please, but she hasn't quite picked that one up yet. She babbles a lot and one of her favorite things to do is throw or drop something and then exclaim, "Uh-oh!"
We are working on weaning Allison from the bottle. I intentionally waited until we got home from Mexico to do this, as I wanted to be able to give her a bottle on the airplane to help with any ear discomfort. We’re also weaning our binkie addict from the pacifier, and trying to restrict her paci use to naptime and bedtime only. So far, Operation Wean is going very well! (Knock on wood.)
Unfortunately, Allison has her 5th ear infection in a row; we have an appointment to visit the ENT next week. She has such a hard time draining the fluid in her ears. We anticipate that the ENT will recommend tubes for her ears. The poor kid has been waking up 1-3 times each night screaming, so I hope we can get her some relief soon!
I'll share a few quips from Elisabeth Says the Darnest Things:
- Asked before we even got home from Mexico: “Can we go to Florida for vacation next month?”
- Elisabeth’s class is learning about fractions at school, and she often speaks in terms of halves, quarters, and wholes. The other day, I was making chicken lo mein for dinner and she wrinkled her nose in disgust. In a feeble attempt to get me to change the menu, she said, “Mommy, I’m afraid I won’t be able to eat chicken lo mein for dinner tonight because I have half of a stomach ache.”
- A commercial for Disney World came on the TV. At the end of the commercial, the announcer said, “Visit Disneyworld.com.” Elisabeth turned to me and asked, “Mommy, will you take me to Disneyworld.com someday?” I had to explain that dot.com means it’s a website, not a physical location.
I’ll end this post with a few pictures of my goofy girls:
If you saw our pictures from Mexico, you probably know that Elisabeth got her hair braided there. She kept her braids in for 11 days. This is what she looked like after we finally took the braids out.
Snaggletooth still only has one front tooth on top! Her ped isn't concerned, but I'm hoping that her tooth comes in at some point! Toothless or not, she's still cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment