Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Traveling Circus

This past weekend, we ventured to Romeo to celebrate Great Grandma Bauer's 83rd birthday. Fred needed to bring the snowmobile trailer, and Elisabeth wanted to bring her bike. So what did Fred, the resident engineer, decide to do? A picture is worth a thousand words:

Several cars that passed us on the highway actually pointed and laughed at our cargo. And we witnessed people from 2 separate cars whip out their cameras so they could take a picture of our cargo. I guess it's safe to say our big trailer/little bike combo was the laughingstock of I-69. Almost like a circus on wheels.

I'll end this post by sharing a few gems that fall in the "Kids say the darnest things" category:

  • Last night, Elisabeth asked me to read her some Bible stories at bedtime. I was reading a story about Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. When we got to the part about how they had to leave the garden because they ate the forbidden fruit, she asked, "Why did they get in trouble for eating fruit?! They were hungry!"

  • Tonight when she was saying her bedtime prayers, Elisabeth started out with, "I had a LOT of sins today, God!"

2 comments:

NOMYKI said...

Elisabeth has just given me my laugh for the day! I love this blog, and will probably take a cue from you and set one up soon, if I ever find a few minutes! Miss you...

Anonymous said...

I sure could use a laugh and sure enough I opened flea bites and there was a great photo of the traveling bike. Thank you for ending my day with a big smile.
Love Ya