And, as usual, it's always interesting to view my pictures after the fact. I obviously am not in most of my pictures since I was behind the camera. I didn't get a single picture of Jana. I have just one picture of my parents together, and just one picture of Uncle Jeff. Next time, I think we should hire a personal photographer to follow us around and ensure that everyone gets included!
Here's a summary of SOME of the things we did... I am amazed that we packed so much in. No wonder I was exhausted when I got back to Colorado!
Jerry and Jana and the girls were visiting from Atlanta; I got to see all of them for the first time in TWO YEARS! The last time I saw them, Emma was almost as tall as me. Now, both Emma and Rachel are taller than me! How did that happen?! We had 11 people and a dog staying overnight in Grandpa and Grandpa's 3-bedroom condo!
| Leah and Claire |
| Allison and Emma developed a special bond and rode tons of rides together at the fair. |
| 5 of the 6 cousins. Emma, where were you?! |
I went to my 20-year high school reunion and had a great time catching up with old friends. I even got to connect with my friend Liz, who was my sophomore-year roommate at MSU. Liz lives on the east coast now, and her entire family has also moved out to the east coast. She really has no reason to come back to Grand Rapids anymore, especially since most her high school friends don't live in town anymore, either. Her own 20-year reunion was the same night, and she flew to Grand Rapids to attend. We agreed that we HAD to get together since "we can't both travel all that way and NOT see each other!" We got together for a few hours before our reunions, and then met up again at a bar after our reunions.
It was so fun to catch up with old friends at happy hour before we headed off to the reunion.
![]() |
| Pre-reunion happy hour with Sarah and Megan |
One morning, they put the sail up and tried to go sailing. There wasn't enough wind so they ended up going for a little row instead of a sail!
Uncle Jeff spent lots of time on the lake with his nieces.
We spent lots of time in the lake. I'm glad that Elisabeth and Allison love the water as much as Fred and I do.
| Allison - future Olympian kayaker |
| Paddle boarding |
Grandma and Grandpa H. treated all of their granddaughters to a fun day at the Ottawa County Fair. I think I'm still nauseous from some of those rides.
| Of course Allison would make a funny face! |
| Nora, Sue, and I |
| Campbell, Allison and Elisabeth at the MSU Children's Garden. The girls had a great time running around the gardens, getting wet in the sprinklers, and even getting muddy! |
| Allison and her godmother |
| All the kidlets at Buffalo Wild Wings. So glad they all get along so well! |
| Allison and Campbell are ready for football season with their new Sparty hats! |
We shared lots of laughs.
Grandma and Grandpa H. took us to Saugatuck and we went on the Saugatuck Dune Rides. I don't think I've gone on one of those dune buggies since I was a kid!
Aunt Sheri and Uncle Curt came out to Holland, so we got to spend some time with Chloe and Anneka.
| Cousins |
We swam in Lake Macatawa...
We swam in Lake Michigan....
Thanks for a GREAT visit, everyone. And THANK YOU, mom and dad, for everything. I miss and love you all.
| Thanks, Mom and Dad! |




No comments:
Post a Comment