Saturday, March 17, 2012

One, Two, TIE my shoe

The other day, Allison asked me to tell her a story about kindergarten.  I told her that I remember taking Elisabeth back-to-school shopping before she started kindergarten.  She got lots of new school clothes, but I specifically remember that she picked out a pair of sneakers that had shoelaces instead of velcro.  Elisabeth had learned to tie her shoes the summer before kindergarten and was very proud of herself.  (Take a little trip down memory lane and read about Elisabeth's first day of kindergarten here.)  Allison must have taken that as a challenge, because a few days later...she was tying her own shoes!  Way to go, Allison!

Elisabeth and Fred went to another daddy-daughter dance.  This one was a disco, so no formal dresses allowed!  They had fun rockin' out to some 70's tunes...and still made it home in time for MSU's basketball game against LIU Brooklyn.  Notice Elisabeth wore a strand of green beads to the dance!  (Thankfully, no green beads ended up in her ear...)


No comments: