Saturday, January 30, 2010

Random Stuff

FLEA really has nothing terribly exciting to report, as life is busy but status quo these days. So here's a few random updates!

Elisabeth's Daisy Scout troop wrapped up their cookie sale last week. There are 7 girls in the troop and they sold a total of 631 boxes of cookies! Since I'm the troop's Cookie Mom, that means I get to pick all those cookies up and store them in my house until everyone has a chance to come over to pick up their order. Yikes.

Elisabeth herself sold about 50 boxes of cookies. Not bad, considering we only went door-to-door for an hour and only hit up about 6 of our neighbors. Here's our little sales person ready to ride her scooter door-to-door to sell cookies:
Yesterday, Elisabeth went on a field trip to the Denver Aquarium with her kindergarten class. They've been learning all about oceans and sea life, so it was fitting that they wrapped up their lesson with a trip to the aquarium. She had a wonderful time and is still talking about all the sharks she saw.

Allison had a wonderful birthday last week and really enjoyed her cookies-n-cream birthday cake! She had originally asked for a "pink princess" cake, but then changed her mind and wanted a chocolate one instead. In typical Allison fashion, she showed up at the dinner table on her birthday with (washable) marker all over her face. I actually thought about washing her face just so she wouldn't have purple cheeks for the picture, but then I thought, "Nah, this is the real Allison." For some reason, she loves to be inked; I guess we shouldn't be surprised if she gets a tattoo someday.

Finally, for a really random tidbit, here's the view of downtown Denver that I get to enjoy from my office window every day. Check out that blue sky! I personally wouldn't mind an office with a view of the mountains, but a city view isn't so bad!

As you can see, there's no snow here at all. We haven't had snow since Christmas, which means that the roads have been clear and dry for well over a month now. I am definitely enjoying this mild winter, as I still remember how cold and snowy last winter was!

Right now, I can even see the gold dome of the Capitol building from my office window: I am enjoying the view of the Capitol while I can, because I know that the trees will obstruct my view when they are in bloom this spring and summer.

FLEA hopes you all are well. And for Mom and Dad H. who are in Florida for the next month, we hope you you are enjoying lots of sunshine and warm weather! We'll update again later when we have real news to report!

2 comments:

w.b. hoffmann said...

okay, two quick things:
1) did you make that birthday cake? i'm salivating... can i have one?
2) aren't you supposed to be working while you're at work, not taking pictures of your view from the corner office? ;)

FLEA said...

Do you think I made that birthday cake?! I wish I could add Birthday Cake Goddess to my resume, but sadly, I cannot. My kids could have an "OK" cake that I made out of a Betty Crocker box (and that's sloppily decorated with frosting), or they could have an awesome cake from the bakery. Hmmm....decisions, decisions! ;)

And that view from my office was actually taken on a Saturday. When I was clocking some overtime hours (which were a direct result of rampant Eejitism). I figured that if I was going to spend some time working on a Saturday, instead of going up to the mountains like the rest of my family, the least I could do was take a picture of the view.

Satisfied now? :)