Sunday, April 13, 2008

Six

Today was a special day...Fred and I celebrated 6 years of wedded bliss! Mom and Dad H. came down to Kalamazoo to visit, and then they babysat the girls while we went shopping, stopped by Bell's Brewery for a drink, and then enjoyed a nice celebratory dinner at Sushiya. Thanks, Mom and Dad!!

When we got home, we watched our wedding video, and then ~ to Elisabeth's delight ~ I actually got out my wedding gown and veil and tried them on. I think that's the first time I've actually tried them on since April 13, 2002!

Elisabeth loved watching our "wedding movie" and trying my veil on (that's our wedding video in the background!)...

...while Allison couldn't wait to get it off.
We didn't exchange gifts today (does the really cool Cuisinart coffee maker that we bought last night count?) because we are taking a trip to Paris! Yes, you read that correctly. Fred is going to Germany for work later this month, and I'm tagging along. We'll spend 3 nights in Dusseldorf, Germany, then we're taking the train to Paris and will spend another 3 nights there. Paris in the springtime...could there be a better way to celebrate our 6th anniversary?

1 comment:

Lions Den said...

Congrats on 6 wonderful years! the trip you have planned sounds amazing and I can't wait to read about it on FLEA when you get back.