Monday, April 9, 2012

Walking on Eggshells

The night before Easter, FLEA dyed lots of Easter eggs.  They made a lovely centerpiece for our Easter dinner table.  

We noticed a few cracked eggs during the dyeing process; I advised the girls to throw them out.  But first I had to show them what the inside of the hard-boiled eggs looked like.  Allison was fascinated and kept asking if she could crack more eggs open so she could see the cooked insides.  I said no. Tonight, her curiosity got the best of her.  I heard lots of loud noises coming from the kitchen.  I had no idea what was going on until Elisabeth told me that I should come look in the trash:
Yep, Allison cracked open each and EVERY one of our eggs!  All 30 of them.  I guess she didn't know that you're not supposed to put all your eggs in one (trash) basket.

Five minutes later, I caught her eating a bowl of Cheerios out of a fancy (plastic) glass.  

I asked her what on earth she was doing.  I mean, first she cracked 30 eggs open and then she decided she deserved a bowl of cereal princess-style??  She replied matter-of-factly, "All the bowls are dirty!"  Hey, can't argue with her logic.  It's impossible to stay mad at that kid!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg.. i am laughing hysterically right now! ohh, i miss your everyday adventures... and am so glad you capture them on camera (and in writing). the thing i'm most interested in (after i get over my laugh attack, that is) -- you HEARD the cracking eggshells?! i suppose 30 eggs might do the trick. annaliese will be all over this idea in a year or two... ;)

hope you are well, my friend. happy anniversary (a couple days late)!!

-e.