I am very thankful I had the opportunity to fly home to Michigan for a brief visit between jobs! As usual, my time back home was too short and, as usual, I didn't get to see everyone I would have liked to, but I like to think I made the most of my time! It was especially fun to bump into my old boss from Zeeland Hospital (my FIRST job!) at church on Saturday, and make impromptu plans to meet her for coffee on Sunday morning! Here are some snapshots from my visit home...
 |
| A little excited to be on a BOAT again! |
 |
| I'm on a boat! |
 |
| My dad and I are both early risers. The early bird catches the....sunrise!!! |
 |
| Lake Macatawa sunrise |
 |
| Tried -- and failed -- to take a decent family picture (minus Jerry) with my auto-timer. Next time I'll try to focus on getting more people and less table! |
| |
| Time for some Oberon! | | | |
|
|
|
 |
| Cheers! |
 |
| Had to swing by the old house to see if it was still standing. Still weird to think we lived in Holland once upon a time. Not a fan of the huge overgrown bush that blocks the front door! Chop that thing down already! | | | |
|
 |
| Fred's dad gave us that pine tree when it was just a tiny little baby. I remember when we planted it and it looked so pathetically small in our yard. Now it's huge - and still growing! |
 |
| Met some friends in East Lansing for lunch...and had to get a picture of the good ol' sorority house! |
 |
| When Elisabeth learned to ride her bike without training wheels, Grandpa H. sent her a horn for her bike. Grandpa promised the same for Allison once she learned to ride without training wheels. He made good on his promise -- Allison was VERY excited that I brought a shiny new horn from Grandpa back to Colorado with me! |
No comments:
Post a Comment