Fred's company sponsored a family day at the Denver Zoo. Allison insisted that we ride the carousel and then of course we had to take a train ride too. (And yes, you'll see that Allison is STILL wearing her purple shorts. I think she has worn them every single day since June 30.)
Westminster is a newer suburb so it does not have a charming downtown area....or any real downtown area for that matter. Instead, we have the Westminster Promenade. The Promenade is a neat, walkable place and includes a hotel, ice rink, movie theater, restaurants, stores, bowling alley, and lots of little plazas and benches. They also have a huge pop jet fountain area that is very popular on warm days. We visited the Promenade fountain and the girls had a blast splashing around.
Both girls are signed up for the Bradburn Kids Triathlon in August and will be running, biking, and swimming with the rest of the neighborhood kids. Our neighborhood is partnering with Special Olympics of Colorado to turn the triathlon into a fundraising event. The kids will be collecting pledges, while I've been busy collecting donations from local businesses which will be given to the kids as prizes/awards. The triathlon should be a fantastic event and I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures and updates to share later.
That's about it for now. I'll wrap things up with a picture of a gorgeous mountain sunset, as seen from Westminster:
No comments:
Post a Comment