Elisabeth went skiing for the first time this weekend...and loved it!
Crossing the finish line after she weaved in and out around several cones on her way down the hill:
Fred took her up to Steamboat and enrolled her in ski school. She started off in Level 1, and soon they let her skip Level 2 and move right on to Level 3! Here's what Elisabeth had to say about skiing:
I had lots of fun and I got to skip Level 2 because I was so good. I learned 'pizza' and 'french fries' and I went on a chair lift and skiied down a big hill on the mountain. I loved it! I can't wait to go skiing again!
Note: 'pizza' and 'french fries' refers to how they position their skis. French fries is when the skis are both straight out, while pizza is when the skis are turned in to form a triangle. Most kids start out in the pizza position to prevent them from skiing down the hill too fast!
On her way up the hill:
Here she is doing 'pizza' as she comes down the hill.
Looking rather proud of herself: 
We're glad she liked skiing and look forward to taking her back out on the slopes again!
No comments:
Post a Comment