Allison is getting better at coloring on paper instead of herself, and she's drawn some pretty impressive pieces lately if I can say so myself! Check out the talent in her latest work:
In other exciting news, Allison has gone potty on the toilet a few times! Last week, she woke up dry so I asked her if she wanted to sit on the potty. She said yes. I put her up on the toilet and we waited and waited and waited. I kept asking her where her potty was, and she kept whispering, "Coming." Of course, it never came until I lost my balance and fell over on the bathroom floor. When she started laughing at me, she apparently released her bladder muscles because all of a sudden we heard a tinkling sound. The look on her face was pricless when she realized what was happening; she didn't seem to know WHAT to think.
So her first time on the potty was really an accident (but it still counts, right?), but yesterday she proved it wasn't a fluke when she went again!
She woke up dry again, so I asked if she wanted to go potty on the toilet. She said yes. This time, she showed me how strong her bladder muscles are. She kept whispering, "Potty coming" and then she'd release a little bit of potty. Then she'd stop the flow and sign "more." Then she'd whisper, "Where potty? Potty coming!" She'd let a little more potty come out....lather, rinse and repeat a few times until her entire bladder was finally emptied. We're very proud of our big girl for her potty time accomplishments and can't wait to see if this is really "it" when it comes to potty training, or if she's just getting some practice in!
No comments:
Post a Comment